Stichting Vrede voor Palestina
“Peace for Palestine 2021” , the 20th annual summer camp held at Al-Khader Charitable Child Care society, targeting students with and without special needs from Al-Mostaqbal school for special education and others from the community, Basically aims to provide fun and play and integration opprtunities for children with special needs alongside their peers. Adding another important value for this year, to intensify the effort to support the children’s mental health after long time of quarantines and closures.
Name of the summer camp: Peace for Palestine Camp 2021
Starting date: 26 July, 2021
Ending date: 9 August, 2021
124 children 4-15 years, 77 males and 47 females,
Working staff: –
- Eleven staff members: Supervisor, animators, cleaner
- 6 volunteers: mothers or relatives
Several activities took place during the camp as follows:
- Art activities: painting, drawing, hand crafts…
- Music activities: folklore dancing (dabkah),singing and free dancing.
- Sport activities: competitions, football, crickets and different sport games.
- Recreational activities: free playing at the toy library, recreational games,
- A swimming trip to the Arab Orthodox club.
- A day at Al-Khader Park.
- A day at Sulaiman’s pools and the Dinosaurs Museum
- A day at Al- Salam garden in Beit Jala.
- A stage show ” Corona Online”